There are many other places and uses for chalkboard paint, and with a coat or two, you can turn something that is mostly useless into a fun thing for family and friends.
Here's just a few uses I can think of off the top of my head! Let me know if you got anything else you'd like to use in the comments.
- Paint a bar top for doodling and provide a bowl of chalk
- Turn an entire wall of a kids room into something fun
- Homeschoolers can make their own blackboard for teaching
- Brewery wall to record exactly what is on tap
- Small easel for taking pictures with
- a breadboard sign for events on your street
1 cup paint - acrylic, any color, but darker colors work best
2 tablespoons grout
Mix evenly... Make as much as you need.
Also, check out these sites...
Make Custom Color Chalkboard Paint [MarthaStewart.com]
How To Make Your Own Chalkboard Paint [Crafts At Home via Lifehacker AU]